Skipper is mobile charts done right. A seamless chart-plotter, with data synced across all of your devices, and backed up to the cloud. Convenience and power, charts and weather, wherever you cruise.
We take customer service very seriously, and you can always get in touch with us at email@example.com.
When you download Skipper for free, you get a simple, easy-to-use NOAA online chart viewer, to use for planning and consulting charts and satellite imagery on shore.
By subscribing for $9.99/year, you unlock the full power of Skipper, on all of your devices - offline charts, data back-up and sync, ActiveCaptain, weather & tides, and so much more. We think you’ll love the app, but you don’t have to believe us - we set up Skipper so you can try out the entire breadth of Skipper’s features before you decide:
Best Offline Charts on the App Store
* seamless mosaic of official NOAA charts, created on-device
* smallest possible download size for official rasters, download all US charts in less than 2 GB
* overlay charts on great base maps, including MapBox cloudless aerial, the most up-to-date OpenStreetMap road maps, or USGS topos
Seamless Online/Offline Data Collection
* Skipper syncs your waypoints, routes, tracks, and photos between your devices, and backs up to the cloud
* flip a switch and it just works, and new devices can be synced with no hassle
* share a link to any track, route, waypoint, or Photo, via email, Facebook, Twitter and other methods
* view and contribute to the best marine location database in the world
* information about marinas, anchorages, hazards, and local knowledge
* new reviews near you every day
* leave reviews and ratings in Skipper
Weather & Tides
* offline tide graphs and charts, past, present, and future, calculated from NOAA tidal constituent data
* online weather data from Wunderground
* NEXRAD overlays, with animation, time stamps, and controls
* wind, temperature, other vital stats
* current conditions, hourly, and daily forecasts
Beautifully Designed, Built, and Supported in California
* fully and individually optimized for all sizes of iPhone and iPad
* pixel perfect retina graphics
* created and supported by people who care
A Skipper subscription costs $9.99/year, and it automatically renews each year.
• TURN OFF auto-renewal via the main Settings app: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
IMPORTANT - IPOD TOUCH AND WIFI ONLY IPADS - This application will not be fully functional on these devices, unless you have an external GPS attachment. The GPS Recorder and compass will be inactive. You will be able to view maps and waypoints, but you cannot record tracks.
GPS WARNING - Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.0.6
If you enjoy Skipper, please leave us a review on iTunes. It really helps!
Fixed bug that could occur when first trying to sign up