The yachtsman's bible is now available for iPads, incorporating a route planning tool, live weather feeds & year-round data updates. Try before you buy: the download includes free data for 4 ports – test the features before taking the plunge. Annual data subscriptions start at £29.99 for a single Region [UK app store price].
About Reeds Almanac
Valued for decades as the indispensable compendium of regularly updated navigational data for Western Europe.
Subscribe and gain 12 months' access to:
* Covers the UK, Ireland and the Channel Islands, plus the European coastline from Denmark to Gibraltar, Northern Morocco plus the Azores and Madeira
* Tidal data from the UK Hydrographic Office
* Tidal streams and tide times
* 700 colour harbour plans
* Distance tables between key ports and safe sailing distances between each harbour
* Advice on harbour shelter and facilities
* 7500 lights plus buoys and waypoints to assist navigation
* Nautical companion comprising 8 chapters of expertly edited material: abbreviations and symbols, regulations, practical navigation, tides, communication information, weather, safety advice, first aid
About the iPad Digital Edition
* Full port data from the entire Reeds Almanac in a single app for your subscribed ports
* Live weather data and synoptic data from the Meteorological Office for up to 72 hours ahead
* Route planning tool – gathers together information on weather, tides and ports based on departure port and destination; calculates times of HW/LW, sun/moon rise/set for your date of travel as well as estimating safe-sailing distances between ports and sailing times based on your average boat speed (port subscription required)
* Weather and content updates whenever you connection to the internet (wifi or 3G)
* Content remains on the iPad when disconnected from the internet as long as you have a valid subscription
* Save your favourite ports for rapid access to weather and HW/LW info
* Free data for 4 ports – Peterhead (Area 7, North East Scotland), River Bann and Coleraine (Area 13, Northern Ireland), Ramsgate (Area 3, South East England), Arbroath (Area 6, South East Scotland)
* Subscribe to data from a single sailing region or the full set
* Adlard Coles recommended reading list
* Free email-based support for queries, with telephone assistance to technical issues
Please note: a free Reeds account will be needed to access Reeds Digital Almanac. This can be created in app upon first launch.
The installation process can take more than 15 minutes on older iPads.
The app is regularly updated – please send your feedback and feature requests to the helpdesk: [email protected]
The newest version of the Reeds Nautical Almanac App (Version 2.5) is compatible with iOS 6 & iOS 7 only. Users of iOS 5 may continue to buy and use Version 2.4, which will remain available on the app store until August 2014. After August 2014 we will withdraw Version 2.4 from the app store and cease support for iOS 5. iOS 5 users will continue to be able to access updates to data packs until August 2014 or for as long as their subscriptions remain valid. From this release (Version 2.5) onwards, all new features and enhancements will only be available on iOS 6 and iOS 7.
What's New in Version 3.1.2
Updated June Reference chapters.