For the 54th year, the "Yachting Capital of the World" will host the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show® (FLIBS), the largest in-water boat show in the world, from October 31- November 4, 2013.
Attracting an international audience of hundreds of thousands of marine enthusiasts, the show covers six locations with more than 3 million square feet of space. From astonishing superyachts to fishing boats, runabouts and boats for every budget, the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show delivers the excitement of boating, for any lifestyle.
Here are the top 10 things to see and do at this year's show:
1. Fireworks - Enjoy a spectacular fireworks display launched from the rooftop of the Bahi a Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel on Thursday, opening nightof the show, at 7 p.m.
2. Tour the amazing exhibitor displays - As the leader in the global marine industry, FLIBS, creates custom-made, in-water exhibitor displays ranging from 400 to 10,000 square feet of temporary floating structures for display, sales and entertainment.
3. New to the show this year, The Club at Seafair, a unique 228-foot exhibition megayacht, will offer fine art, jewelry, and design for yacht and home in a luxurious club-like atmosphere, including a 120-seat restaurant and cocktail lounges with panoramic views of the boat show.
4. The new Sailfish Pavilion is more than 90,000 square feet of additional space located outside the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center featuring boats ranging from 15 to 40 feet and an extraordinary selection of marine accessories, including the new Florida Sportsman pond with daily fishing demonstrations and the new LandShark Bar with a grilled food menu.
5. Check out the yacht toys - SEABOB underwater scooters; Quadski amphibious ATVs; JetLev (flying jet packs); JetSurf and WaveJet (motorized surfboards); Sealegs (amphibious boat).
6. Enjoy refreshments and cocktails on one of the show's world-famous floating cocktail lounges, including Guzzlers presented by Budweiser, the Superyacht Lounge presented by Palm Harbor Marina and the Gosling's Rum Dark & Stormy Island Bar. Enjoy live musical entertainment, kick back and relax
7. Learn from top pros from the International Game Fish Association's School of Sportfishing and The Blue Wild at one of the free fishing and boating seminars at the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center and enjoy workshops for adults and children of all ages, including Hook The Future kids fishing clinics.
8. See everything the marine industry has to offer with similar products and boats conveniently grouped in categories such as high performance and sportfishing. CruiserPort features the world's best selection of long range cruisers and related seminars. The Superyacht Experience features the world's largest collection of superyacht builders of yachts over 40 meters.
9. Go by boat. Enjoy the City's waterways with a free riverboat ride down the New River to the show from Downtown Fort Lauderdale's Riverfront complex. Attendees can also ride the Water Taxifor $10 per day to any of the show's six locations while touring Fort Lauderdale from the water. Boat show headquarters are at the Bahia Mar Hotel & Yachting Center, with additional exhibits at the Hall of Fame Marina, Las Olas Municipal Marina, Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, Sails Marina, and the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center.
10. Go shopping for every marine accessory and gift in one of the show's six clearspan tents ranging in size from 20,000 to 70,000 square feet of air conditioned comfort.
|Thursday, Oct. 31 (Prime Time Preview)||10 a.m. - 7 p.m|
|Friday, Nov. 1||10 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Saturday, Nov. 2||10 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Sunday, Nov. 3||10 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Monday, Nov. 4||10 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Adults||$20 online, $22 at show|
|Children (ages 6-15)||$5 online, $7 at show|
|Children (under 6)||Free|
|Prime Time Preview (Thurs, Oct. 31)||$36 online, $38 at show|
|Two-Day Ticket||$38 online, $40 at show|
Onsite Box Office Locations:
Bahia Mar Yachting Center
Broward County Convention Center
Additional Box Office Location
Las Olas Riverfront
To purchase tickets to the 2013 Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show®, please visit ShowManagement.com. Vendors interested in exhibiting at the Boat Show can call (954) 764-7642 or (800) 940-7642, or visit ShowManagement.com, for more information.
Transportation and Parking Enhancements Announced for
All four traffic lanes of Las Olas Bridge to be open during the boat show
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (October 10, 2013) - Organizers of the 2013 Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show®, which takes place at six locations from Oct. 31 through Nov. 4, have announced the following transportation and parking arrangements designed to make attending the show convenient from all directions and easier than ever before to navigate.
In addition, Las Olas Bridge construction will be halted from Monday, Oct. 28 through Wednesday, Nov. 6, with all four traffic lanes open during the show.
The boat show's extensive transportation network includes bus shuttles, water taxis and riverboats with convenient pick up and drop off locations, as well as dedicated parking lots.
The Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show takes place at the Bahia Mar Yachting Center, Hall of Fame Marina, Las Olas Municipal Marina, Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, Broward County Convention Center and Sails Marina.
Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward CountyConvention Center parking garage, plus spill-over lot with more than 400 spots. Convenient shuttle service to other show locations. $14/day
Sails Marina on the southeast corner of the 17th Street Causeway Bridge at Harbourview Drive. Convenient shuttle service to other show locations. $20/day
War Memorial Auditorium in Holiday Park at the intersection of Sunrise Boulevard and Federal Highway. Convenient shuttle service to other show locations. $7/day
Galleria Mall, at 2414 E. Sunrise Blvd., offers valet parking service at its main entrance on E. Sunrise Boulevard in front of the Capital Grill restaurant. Valet service is $7 per day. From the valet drop-off, walk east to the Gallery One Doubletree Hotel, which is a Water Taxi pick-up and drop-off location for the Boat Show. The path from the mall to the Water Taxi is marked with signage. A $10 all-day pass grants unlimited one-day use of the show's Water Taxis.
Las Olas Riverfront parking garage located at One River Plaza. Free riverboats run continuously each day of the show from the Las Olas Riverfront docks to the Bahia Mar Yachting Center.
Las Olas Marina, located at 2 South New River Drive East, offers guest the opportunity to guarantee a valet spot online at https://secure.interactiveticketing.com/a/3cb818. This new feature is available for $55/day.
BUS ROUTES: A network of free shuttles
Purple Bus: To/from War Memorial Parking and Las Olas Marina.
Green Bus: To/from Las Olas Marina/Bahia Mar Yachting Center/Sails Marina
Enjoy a discounted $10 all-day Transportation Show Pass with unlimited usage. The following waterfront locations are pick-up/drop-off points during the Show:
* Bahia Mar Yachting Center
Ride the free Riverboat to/from Las Olas Riverfront Transportation Center & Bahia Mar Yachting Center
NAVIGATING THE SHOW
Newly designed entrances will greet attendees this year, in addition to enhanced color-coded directional signage throughout the show, new on-site map stands and an experienced roaming guest services staff, all designed for maximum convenience in navigating the world's largest in-water boat show.
MyBoatShow, the app available on iPhone and Android platforms, provides show maps and locates exhibitors, manufacturers, product categories and boats by specifications and size. The app, which is available for all Show Management produced boat shows, also provides the show schedule, seminar information, show transportation schedules and maps, food and drink locations, restroom locations, and emergency services. It also can be used to purchase show tickets and see the latest show news.
To help accommodate the show's global audience and growing number of attendees from Latin America, Show Management has added a Spanish language translation feature to its website, ShowManagement.com
The Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show® is owned and sponsored by the Marine Industries Association of South Florida, managed and produced by Show Management, and sponsored by Gosling's Rum, Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA), AIM Marine Group, Budweiser, BoatshowHotels.com, BoatQuest.com Palm Harbor Marina, Zeelander, Smallwoods Yachtwear, International Game Fish Association (IGFA), XM Radio, the Sun Sentinel and Veedims. Like the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show on Facebook at facebook.com/fortlauderdaleboatshow, follow the show on Twitter at twitter.com/boatshowupdates, and tune into Boat Show TV at youtube.com/showmanagement. For more information, call (954) 764-7642 or (800) 940-7642, or visit ShowManagement.com.