Yachting News » Events » First Monaco Smart Yacht Rendezvous to be Held from 23-24 March

First Monaco Smart Yacht Rendezvous to be Held from 23-24 March

An industry in the throes of transformation, the luxury yacht sector is mobilising players who have already begun to make significant steps towards an environmental transition. Following success of its Monaco Smart & Sustainable Marina Rendezvous, M3 (Monaco Marina Management), a Monegasque consultancy specialised in eco-marinas, wants to promote sustainable solutions for superyachts by launching the first Monaco Smart Yacht Rendezvous. Under the aegis of the Monaco, Capital of Advanced Yachting approach, this networking event takes place 23-24 March 2023 at Yacht Club de Monaco during Monaco Ocean Week, culminating in the Smart Innovative Yacht Awards.

“It is imperative to involve the entire ecosystem to make it more virtuous by encouraging exchanges and bringing on innovations that can effect major changes to the industry,” says Jose Marco Casellini, CEO of M3. “Today it’s a priority. It is estimated that on average yachts spend 80 per cent of their time quayside and most of the rest of the 20 per cent at anchor. Thanks to technology, new solutions are available. We started with infrastructures, the Monaco Smart & Sustainable Marina Rendezvous and logic dictates that we continue with yachts as the two are inextricably linked.”

First meeting between two ecosystems to initiate discussions

The rendezvous is supported by the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation, Credit Suisse and the expertise of innovation for a sustainable economy specialist, Blumorpho. A first online session took place today, attended by Marc Hervás, Sustainability Coordinator at MB92, world leader for superyacht refits, repairs and maintenance committed to sustainable development and Laurent Perignon, yachting and new technologies consultant. 

A second session is scheduled for 12th January 2023 at 5.00pm, with Paris Baloumis, Group Marketing Director of constructor Oceanco whose ambition is to design, build and support the world’s most advanced and inspirational motor and sailing yachts.

End-to-end yacht life cycle innovations in the spotlight

To drive the energy transition, this networking event is an opportunity for owners and players in the industry to discover the technical challenges that need to be overcome and facilitate new partnerships, particularly in the circular economy. An ambition that is all the more necessary as the industry generates significant revenues: €8 billion today set to rise to €13 billion in 2030 (Source: Grand View Research).

The whole life cycle will be addressed from R&D to usage, maintenance and finance. Topics up for discussion include new propulsion solutions, eco-friendly materials, optimising fuel consumption, water management, connectivity and security.

Using participant selection process to foster synergies

The objective has multiple facets, not least the fact that naval architects, owners, captains and shipyards can learn, exchange and meet with investors, startups, scaleups and innovative companies. Those from the latter three groups are selected to participate and will appear in an E-Catalogue with a short presentation on their innovative solutions applicable to yachts.

The ultimate aim of the process is to present a Smart Innovative Yacht Award for the most intelligent and most eco-responsible solution in three categories (Startups, Scaleups and Companies). These three awards will be announced at the end on Friday 24th March.

Post your comment

You cannot post comments until you have logged in.

Login to post a comment


No one has commented on this page yet.

RSS feed for comments on this page | RSS feed for all comments



Search articles with keywords