The 2nd Annual Yachting Symposium & Job Fair at the Fort Lauderdale Convention Center is set for Oct. 9 & 10.
Growth Continues at this year’s Symposium and Job Fair for Businesses, Professionals and Crew in the Yachting Industry.
New for this year - Job Fair, Networking Hotspot and 2 full days.
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (August 13, 2014) - Entering its 2nd year, the Yachting Symposium & Job Fair, the event for businesses, professionals and crew in the yachting industry, is set to take place Oct. 9 and Oct. 10, attracting business managers, junior & senior crew, consultants, regulatory authorities, experts, developers and new in the industry talent to the "Yachting Capital of the World." The 2014 agenda offers 21 sessions, a Networking and Collaboration Terrace, Job Fair and Mastermind
Discussions over two full days. This year the symposium organizers strive to provide job and career opportunities; as well as deliver topics and discussions which can immediately benefit businesses, professionals and those wanting to get into the industry.
Symposium sessions for 2014 Include:
• Business Practices and Challenges in the New World Economy
• Crew & Professional Wages/Benefits
• Getting Hauled – Where & How (more than a place to get work done)
• Safe Manning & Flag State Updates
• All Aboard Florida & its Impact on the Local Yachting Industry
• Hiring Practices On & Off Vessels
• Local Land Development in the Industry and the Vision
• Job Search & Tools Available to the Industry
• Why the Interior Department Of the Yacht Matters Most
• New Cruising Hot Spots & Why
• Money Management & Tax Benefits for Crew & Marine Professionals
• Culinary Trends & Health Onboard
• Business Opportunities & Growth in the Industry
• Web Technologies & Benefitting From Them
• Security and Medical Ashore & At Sea
• Industry Standards & Why We Need Them
• Engineering Advances & The Challenges Ahead
• Law, Marine Insurance & Regulations
• Charter Options, Ownership & New Builds
• Employee & Crew Training / Education
• Outfitting, Provisioning & Logistics
• Crew Health Insurance & the MLC
"We see the need for people and companies [in the yachting industry] to come together for the success of their businesses and to advance their careers. The industry will be stronger and this is a platform for that to happen." said Deena Tanner, Manager of the Yachting Symposium & Job Fair, ex-yachting professional and business owner. "This year we are focusing on jobs and careers [via the job fair] and company exposure through education [via the symposium]. We have a panel of yacht owners and many industry experts speaking at the symposium. Our sponsors are very excited and we look forward to also helping people with their careers and future.”
Enhancements to this year’s event include a separate Exhibitors Hall & Job Fair, a Networking Terrace and will run two full days instead of one.
The Exhibitors Hall will provide experts, consultants and companies that offer products and services targeted to professionals and crew at their workplace and for management of their careers and financials.
The Job Fair will focus on career opportunities, where crew agents, employers, recruiters and schools will meet with prospective job seekers who include professionals on shore, skilled labor, seasoned & junior crew, and people looking to enter the industry as yacht crew or shore-based professionals.
The Networking Terrace will overlook the grand foyer of the Convention Center and Port Everglades and is designed to give people in and associated with the industry, a location to connect and engage at the Symposium and to further discuss jobs, career and other industry-related topics. The Terrace will be open to all attendees and offer complimentary coffee, drinks and snacks.
LOCATION & SURROUNDINGS
Fort Lauderdale, Florida is the “Yacht Capital of the World” and home base to many industry experts, including 100,000+ marine related jobs, 42,000 vessels and is one of the busiest cruise ports in the world. We will discuss its future development, what it means for businesses, crew and why the yachting industry is the hidden economy of South Florida. This event offers something for everyone from the industry and those wanting to get into the industry.
The venue is the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention Center & Waterfront Conference Facility located at 1950 Eisenhower Boulevard Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33316.
Thursday & Friday, Oct. 9 & 10 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
ADMISSION – 2 DAY PASS:
Early Registration FREE with the SaltHub App
Early Registration $15 for non SaltHub App Users
Registration After Sept 1 $10 for SaltHub App Users
Walk-In Registration at the Door $25 for non SaltHub App Users
Connect with the Yachting Symposium on SaltHub www.salthub.com/page/8418694-Yachting-Symposium