Record, re-live and share your greatest marine adventures, “The best electronic logbook we’ve seen” PracticalSailor.com. “The app was easy to use, automatically recording your track, and being able to annotate your route with photos and remarks makes it a great way to record trips for posterity” Practical Boat Owner.
For Sailors & Boaters:
▶ Automated Marine Logbook, Live Tracking & Free Nautical Maps App
▶ Makes Automatic log entries as you go
▶ Live dashboard shows key data and sailing & motoring hours
▶ Enrich logs with photos, notes & annotations (weather, sea state)
▶ Store your trips securely online
▶ Edit and print logs from your personal web account
▶ share your logs on social media and by email
▶ WHAT YOU GET: One-off price includes lifetime use of the App, upgrades, customer support plus 1 year’s access to WaveTrax.com (renewable with an optional in-app purchase)
What is Wavetrax?
A great way to automate your logbook and KEEP A PERMANENT RECORD OF YOUR SAILING OR BOATING ACTIVITY. If you’re a boat owner or skipper you can also track boat usage, including engine hours.
▶ Automated Logging
SAVE TIME by using your device’s GPS to make automatic log entries as you go, accurately capturing data like speed and heading. Add your own log entries with PHOTOS, NOTES AND ANNOTATIONS to record weather and sea conditions.
▶ Live Dashboard
See real-time trip data like time, distance and speed. TRACK YOUR POSITION WITH BUILT-IN NAUTICAL MAPS. Pause your journey and SWITCH BETWEEN SAILING, MOTORING AND SAILING/MOTORING MODES.
▶ Store and Edit Trips
ALL YOUR TRIPS ARE SYNCED TO THE WAVETRAX WEBSITE where you can view and edit them. From your Personal Web Account print PDFs of your logs and CREATE LOGS OF PAST VOYAGES.
▶ Share Online
Show friends, family and marine colleagues where you’ve been by sharing your trips on Facebook, Twitter and by email from both the App and Web.
• TOP MARINE LOGBOOK APP on iTunes, used every day by casual and pro sailors, boaters and boat owners in 60+ countries
• Uses your device’s GPS (Wi-Fi only iPads need a Bluetooth compatible receiver) and functions with or without an Internet connection
• Makes geolocated and time stamped log entries on the hour, at distance markers you can set, when you change Mode and when you add a note or photo
• Set Departure & Destination Ports, Boat, Skipper and Crew for each trip
• Stream FREE NAUTICAL MAPS to your device or download them for offline use (download times vary according to map file size)
• LIVE DASHBOARD displays trip data when underway, including SAILING and MOTORING hours
• Sync your journeys to your Web Account, print them out and ADD YOUR OLD PAPER LOGS
• Store your trips online and see an overview of your all your activity, including ENGINE HOURS AND NIGHT HOURS
• SHARE A COMPLETED VOYAGE and export a GPX track straight from the App
• Inbuilt writing pad to sign your logs or get them signed by your skipper
• Upload and store your Boating Certificates and other important documents and share them from your iPhone or iPad
• Add your crewmates and boats – the App generates and scans QR codes so you can easily share details
• Choose between imperial, metric or nautical units
• Continued use of GPS can decrease battery life, so for longer journeys you’ll need your charger!
• WaveTrax can’t get lost, damaged or filled up like a paper logbook – and it’s cheaper!
• Demo videos and user guides available on www.wavetrax.com
- Improvements to Saved Maps section.
- Fixed issue with journey pause on large map screen
- Fixed Sea State / Visibility field display on journey annotations.
- Other bug fixes and improvements.
Featured in: Practical Boat Owner, Practical Sailor, Motor Boats Monthly, Boatshop24.com, Course au Large, BoatsandOutboards, Panbo, Sail Republic Magazine.
“WaveTrax replaces the paper logbook by automatically creating a register for each voyage, transforming its management into a simple, enjoyable operation” Sail Republic Magazine.
“The app was easy to use, automatically recording your track, and being able to annotate your route with photos and remarks makes it a great way to record trips for posterity” Practical Boat Owner.
“All the pieces are falling in place to make automated voyage logging easy, inexpensive and data rich” Ben Ellison, Panbo.