The Crew Coach Announces Superyacht Scholarship Winners | OnboardOnline
Winners of the Superyacht Scholarship Competition, launched by Alison Rentoul, The Crew Coach, were announced in a live webinar today, 2 March.
Four lucky winners were chosen from a total of 263 applicants from all over the world.
You can watch the replay of the webinar on the link below and keep an eye out for forthcoming interviews with each of the lucky winners!
Superyacht Scholarship Competition now Closed!
The Superyacht Scholarship, a global competition launched by Alison Rentoul, The Crew Coach, is now closed, after receiving a total of 243 eligible applicants!
Further details will be posted on the competition Facebook page and you can also register to attend the live webinar for the announcement of the winners and further spot prizes!
Watch this space for details of the announcement of the winners on the competition Facebook page and live webinar:
On the live webinar Alison Rentoul - TheCrew Coach - will be giving away some additional spot prizes to people attending!
Details of the competition and prizes:
The Superyacht Scholarship is a global competition launched by Alison Rentoul, The Crew Coach, offering four lucky winners an extraordinary head-start in the luxury yachting industry.
Each scholarship prize package is worth over €2,800, with one of the four winners also picking up an extra jackpot of prizes worth over €6,700.
With valuable prizes including training courses, yachting uniforms, Antibes crew accommodation, free travel insurance, a CV and career guidance package, a personal mentor, yachting association membership, and crew agency red carpet treatment, this is an outstanding and never-before-seen opportunity for those wanting to break into yachting.
Alison Rentoul, founder of The Crew Coach and The Superyacht Scholarship, says:
“I’m very proud to have been able to bring together all the key players in the industry to collaborate on this project and to give four deserving winners the best possible chance of a great start in an industry that could truly change their life for the better.
Not everyone can afford the high cost of entry into this life-changing career, and we want to make it possible for those who might not otherwise be able to afford it. This is part of The Crew Coach’s commitment to give back to the industry that has given us so much.”
How it Works
A winner will be chosen from each department: Interior, Exterior, Chef and Engineering, with each winning a cornucopia of prizes, from training courses and career guidance, to practical assistance with crew accommodation and appropriate clothes for job-seeking.
To be in the running, applicants simply need to fill out an online form- entries will open on 1 January, 2016, and close at the end of February, 2016. Winners will be announced via a LIVE webinar in early March, 2016 - the live webinar will also announce numerous spot prizes.
All aspiring crew of all nationalities between the ages of 21 and 30 are eligible to enter. Fluent English is a prerequisite for entry.
Each department winner will receive an entry-level training course from a respected training provider, worth around €1,000 .
* For junior Stews and Stewardesses, Interior Yacht Services will give away one place on their GUEST-approved, 5-day intense introduction to yachting course, at a value of €1,075.
* For Chefs, Secrets de Cuisine training school is offering a fantastic head-start training course, including the Ship’s Cook Certificate and food hygiene requirements. Value: €1,530.
* For junior Deckhands, Zephyr Yachting is offering a bundle of fantastic entry-level deck courses: Personal Watercraft Course, VHF license and Powerboat Level 2. Value: €990.
* For aspiring yacht Engineers, Warsash Superyacht Academy is giving away a 5-day Approved Engineering Certificate course (or equivalent relevant qualification). Value: €1,000.
Assistance and Mentoring Prizes
The Crew Coach, founder of the Superyacht Scholarship, will be aiding the winners with the Private Career Accelerator Package, offering CV assistance, interview coaching, the ‘How to Get into Luxury Yachting’ guide, and the New Crew Online Breakthrough Course. Value: €768.
* The winners will be looked after personally by a dedicated crew agent who will give them a ‘red carpet’ service in helping them find work. The dedicated crew agents for each department winner are: Chefs: Amandine Cuisine; Interior: Sally Finbow of SAF Recruitment; Exterior: Camper and Nicholsons International Crew Placement; Engineering: YPI Crew.
* Each winner will also be paired up with their own personal yachting industry mentor, a senior crewmember who will help guide them through their first year of yachting with advice, contacts and a wealth of insider experience.
In addition, each scholarship winner will get:
* A week’s accommodation in an Antibes Crew House: The Glamorgan, Debbie’s Crew House, The Crew House or The Grapevine, valued at up to €225.
* Appropriate clothing donated by Decker’s Uniforms for dockwalking and interviews. Shorts/Skorts and Polo shirt. Value: €100.
* Yachting Association Membership from the PYA, offering you assistance during your yachting career, as well as a Seaman’s Discharge Book to record sea miles. Value: €120
* One year’s free travel insurance, offshore bank account, VIP exchange rates and free financial advice, donated by Horizons Financial Solutions for Yacht Crew. Value: €600+.
The Grand Prize Bonanza
One of the lucky winners will also win the Grand Prize, worth an extra €6,700 - taking their total prize winnings to over €9,500.
The Grand Prize Includes:
* The 6 month VIP Career Accelerator Package from The Crew Coach, valued at €3,773.
* Return flight between home and Nice from Blue Marine Travel, valued at €1,500.
* Compulsory 5-day STCW 95 basic safety training course from bluewater, valued at € 1,200
* Professional Profile Photo from Naneen Photography
* One pair of designer sunglasses from Crew Eyewear, value up to €200
For more information please email Alison Rentoul or use 'Contact Author' below.
Telephone: + 33 (0)493 581 408 /+ 33 (0)677 008 057
You can visit the competition website here.
Post your comment
You cannot post comments until you have logged in.Login to post a comment
No one has commented on this page yet.
RSS feed for comments on this page | RSS feed for all comments